Build brand recognition of Scarf among developers as a partner for building and maintaining commercial successful open-source projects
• Drive developer adoption for Scarf's next product launch
• Communicate company goals, story, strategy of supporting open-source maintainers
• Build relationships with influential OSS developers to support market position
• Lead outbound marketing efforts targeting developers
• Generate demand from developers for Scarf's analytics toolchain
• Identify and build relationships with maintainers of commercially valuable OSS projects
• Build awareness of and demand for Scarf's telemetry tools for OSS projects
• An established follower base of developers through social media, a blog, books, or similar
• Experience presenting to technical audiences
• Experience with blogging, technical documentation, and developer outreach
• Coding experience in a modern software environment and in the open-source community
• Success launching and advocating for new developer tools or products
At Scarf, we help open-source developers get compensated for their work and deliver better software to their users. We help businesses more effectively leverage their open-source dependencies. Software, and supporting the people who build it is at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to make open-source software a more equitable model for those who who create it, and a more valuable choice for the companies that use it.
We're in the very early stages. Nothing is set in stone and every part of our culture and company is yours to help shape. We're a fully remote team distributed across the west-cost of the US. Working with us means autonomy and flexibility. We like to have some overlap in our work hours as a team, but otherwise your schedule is up to you. Due to our distributed nature, we have a strong focus on clear communication. As part of our team, your written communication skills (largely chat-based) will be crucial, though we tend to jump on video calls regularly too. We strive to foster open and concise communication that is direct yet always empathetic.
We are an inclusive and welcoming team, no matter your background.
We work hard to have an amazing developer environment and experience, and put significant effort into ensuring our development toolchain is nothing short of state-of-the-art. We love coding and our codebase is fun to work on. We love statically-typed functional programming, if you're into that sort of thing.
We contribute to open-source and publish as much of our own code as we can. We engage with the open-source community as we strive to move it forward.
We're excited to meet you! Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.