Are you passionate about open-source software? Want to change the world for the better for open-source developers? Come join our small team!
At Scarf, we strive to deliver a product that not only empowers open-source developers and their users, but also offers a delightful and reliable user experience. To that end, Scarf is hiring a talented Senior Software Engineer to work on every piece of our system - from the infrastructure to app server and beyond, from architecting to implementation to maintenance. This role has huge growth potential regardless of your intended career track within engineering.
You might find yourself:
- Architecting, implementing, and deploying new package registry proxies that better support package authors
- Building out backend functionality to help OSS maintainers broker and manage support agreements with their commercial users
- Architecting our cloud infrastructure to achieve high reliability as we scale
- Contributing to open-source - Whether to Scarf's own OSS packages, or any packages we rely on, open-source is at the core of what we do and we contribute back in every way we can
- Building an amazing engineering team and development culture. You'll have a big impact on every part of our business and your stake in the company will reflect that.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A love of working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Infrastructure and operational experience with AWS or a similar cloud hosting provider
- A high bar for quality/correctness of code
- A track record of delivering projects from start to finish in a self-directed manner
- Clear communication skills
- A passion for helping make the open-source software community work better for everyone
These criteria are not hard requirements. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience is not exactly what we've described. At Scarf, your passion, skills, and potential to grow is what we care about. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who are not afraid to solve problems in radically different ways and who want to build an inclusive place to work.
Reasons you might not be excited for this role:
- You prefer big companies. We're a young startup, so if you like more established organizations this isn't the right fit. Our company culture will be yours to help shape.
- We are a very mission-driven company, proudly working to help the people and businesses that are working in open-source. We have uncommonly ambitious goals and we are working hard to get there.