Scarf has an opportunity for someone who loves sales and open source. Scarf is revolutionizing how commercial open-source companies are built and measured. Our vision is to establish the standard for how companies measure the commercial success of their open source projects.
You will be helping us close sales for the premium paid tier of our platform with new and existing users from our growing user base. Scarf is a highly technical product, so your sales abilities and your technical knowledge will both be required to succeed. You will meet with maintainers of amazing open-source projects and businesses around the world, and the feedback from your conversations will directly help drive our product roadmap.
- Experience with technical sales of developer tools, especially in the open-source space
- Understanding of open-source software development concepts (eg, package management, artifact registries, containers)
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence in presenting to a highly technical and experienced audience
- A passion for early-stage startups
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Previous experience building open-source software
- Recent (past 3-5 years) track record closing mid-market and enterprise deals
- An established network of contacts within the commercial open-source ecosystem.
- Engaging new and existing customers to demonstrate how they can benefit from Scarf
- Growing Scarf’s early customer base into a thriving pipeline of accounts and revenue
- Evangelizing the vision and positioning of the company and its products to secure strategic commercial commitments
- Presenting sales insights to drive company product roadmap and strategy
- Onboarding new customers and designing solutions that meet their technical and business needs
Working at Scarf
Scarf’s mission is to help open-source creators run data-driven projects and be more successful. Software, and supporting the people who build it are at the heart of everything we do.
We're in the very early stages. Nothing is set in stone and every part of our culture and company is yours to help shape. We're a fully remote team distributed across the Americas and Europe. Working with us means autonomy and flexibility. We like to have some overlap in our work hours as a team, but otherwise, your schedule is up to you. Due to our distributed nature, we have a strong focus on clear communication. Your written communication skills will be crucial, though we tend to jump on video calls regularly too. We strive to foster open and concise communication that is direct yet always empathetic.
We are an inclusive and welcoming team, no matter your background.
We work hard to have an amazing developer experience, and put significant effort into ensuring our development toolchain is nothing short of state-of-the-art. We love coding and our codebase is fun to work on. We love statically-typed functional programming, so if you're into that sort of thing, we have a tech stack you’ll enjoy.
We contribute to open-source and publish as much of our own code as we can. We engage with the open-source community as we strive to move it forward.