As the Head of Marketing, you will be equally committed to strategic leadership and hands-on execution. Your role will be pivotal in developing, managing, and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy that not only builds brand recognition, but also drives revenue growth, particularly with growth-staged commercial open source businesses.
This position’s responsibilities span both strategy and implementation.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other stakeholders to set the overall marketing strategy and objectives.
- Manage and mentor members of the marketing team, ensuring alignment with the company's focus.
- Coordinate with sales and product teams to align marketing efforts with overall company goals.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with external partnerships, vendors, and agencies.
- Establish Scarf as a thought leader on the topic of commercialization of open source.
- Develop and execute targeted marketing campaigns, including digital marketing, content creation (in-house and occasional vendor collaboration), social media, and events.
- Generate high-quality leads through Content Marketing, SEO, and Scarf’s own product.
- Track, analyze, and report on marketing funnel metrics (utilizing tools like Metabase and Salesforce), and use the data to optimize ROI.
- Create compelling collateral to support sales efforts, such as case studies, videos, infographics, conference talks, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in marketing, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Proven experience in B2B marketing targeting large commercial businesses in a technical or open-source space.
- Familiarity with marketing tools and CRM software to manage a marketing funnel. We are currently working with Salesforce and SQL-based analytics dashboard tools.
- Experience in managing Account-Based Marketing (ABM) campaigns, especially with LinkedIn Ads.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and KPIs to make informed decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, small startup environment.
- Self-starter, comfortable with both leadership and efficient hands-on execution.
- Basic working knowledge of AI-assisted tooling for marketing and content generation is a plus
The base salary range for this role is $165,000-$225,000/year and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; medical, dental, and vision benefits.